Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

I hope somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself...





(1000)
May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness.
I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you’re wonderful,
and don’t forget to make some art — write or draw or build or sing
or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year,
you surprise yourself.
Neil Gaiman




(999)
What I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that,
even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you,
laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you.
With all my heart, I love you.
V for Vendetta




(998)
There are two ways you can get through pain.
You can let it destroy you, or you can use it as fuel to drive you:
to dream bigger, work harder.
Taylor Swift




(997)
I may still not know what I want to be when I grow up,
but I do know that someday I want to live in a house filled
with my books and travel souvenirs. And the walls that aren’t covered
in bookshelves will be covered with photos of my family and friends.
When I leave the house I will be going to a job I love, and I’ll return
to a person I love. So, that’s the dream I’m working on.
Amber Morel




(996)
To fear love is to fear life,
and those who fear life are already three parts dead.
Bertrand Russell




(995)
Maybe the reason why all the doors are closed
is so you can open one that leads you to the perfect road.
Katy Perry




(994)
If someone really wanted you, they'd actually put some effort
into trying to get your attention and make sacrifices for you.
They wouldn't just tell you they want you; They'd show you
in every little way possible that they want you.
Wiz Khalifa




(993)
You see us as you want to see us. In the simplest terms,
in the most convenient definitions. But what we found out
is that each one of us is a brain... an athlete...
a basket case... a princess... and a criminal...
The Breakfast Club




(992)
I would tell you that every single person you will ever meet
shares that common desire. They want to know:
"Do you see me? Do you hear me? Does what I say mean anything to you?"
Understanding that one principle, that everybody wants to be heard,
has allowed me to hold the microphone for you all these years
with the least amount of judgment…
Try it with your children, your husband, your wife, your boss, your friends.
Validate them. "I see you. I hear you. And what you say matters to me."
Oprah Winfrey




(991)
Nobody can go back and start a new beginning,
but anyone can start today and make a new ending.
Maria Robinson




(990)
Those who danced were thought to be quite insane
by those who could not hear the music.
Angela Monet




(989)
Don’t attach yourself to anyone who shows you the least bit of attention
because you’re lonely. Loneliness is the human condition.
No one is ever going to fill that space.
The best you can do is know yourself… Know what you want.
Ingrid Magnussen




(988)
Picked all my weeds but kept the flowers,
but I know it’s never really over.
Kelly Clarkson




(987)
Intelligence plus character...
That is the goal of true education.
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.




(986)
I’m of the school of thought where,
if you can’t sort something out for yourself, no one can help you.
Amy Winehouse




(985)
Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
Victor Kiam




(984)
I’ve tried being other people and myself suits me the best.
Chris Colfer




(983)
Girls fall in love with what they hear.
Boys fall in love with what they see.
That's why girls wear make up and boys lie.
Wiz Khalifa




(982)
A person who has good thoughts cannot ever be ugly.
You can have a wonky nose and a crooked mouth
and a double chin and stick-out teeth, but if you have good thoughts
they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.
Roald Dahl




(981)
If you’re in pitch blackness,
all you can do is sit tight until your eyes get used to the dark.
Haruki Murakam




(980)
Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny.
Bob Marley




(979)
Take my hand. We’ll make it, I swear.
Bon Jovi




(978)
Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot,
who calls you back even though you hung up on him,
who thinks you're prefect even though he knows the worst things about you,
who'll stay awake just to watch you sleep.
Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead,
who wants to show you off to the world when you're in your sweats,
who holds your hand in front of his friends,
one who's constantly reminding you how lucky he is to have you
and the one who turns to his friends and says, "That's her."
Unknown




(977)
One day your life will flash before your eyes.
Make sure its worth watching.
Unknown




(976)
I had to make them changes. I hope you understood.
You see for every bad, I did a ton of good.
Nicki Minaj




(975)
Wherever you go, no matter what the weather,
always bring your own sunshine.
Anthony J. D'Angelo




(974)
I think there's a fine line between being a slut and being classy.
I walk in between that line.
Katy Perry




(973)
I don’t associate with people that blame the world for their problems…
Because you’re your problem, and you’re also your solution.
Bridesmaids




(972)
We waste time looking for the perfect lover,
instead of creating the perfect love.
Tom Robbins




(971)
Words can break someone into a million pieces,
but can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good,
because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid,
are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.
Taylor Swift

No comments:

Post a Comment