Search This Blog

Saturday, September 3, 2011

I will love you... I will love you... I will love you...





(1038)
His Pledge to Her:
I will kill the spiders.
I will share my fries with you when you’ve finished all yours and are still hungry.
I won’t ever pop my collar.
I will never be rude to your tummy- when I hear it growl and gurgle,
I promise to bend down and reply respectfully.
I will eat the mushrooms when we order the supreme pizza.
I will kiss the paper cuts and the door-slammed finger and the counter-bumped hip.
I’ll try my hardest not to get annoyed when you whisper questions
and comments during movies.
I will be the big spoon.
I will let you win at wrestling. Sometimes. Other times I will not.
I will go faster. Harder. I will pull when you want and tease you when you don’t.
I will send you random texts and leave you silly gifts.
Not always. Not on schedule. Just whenever I want to.
Whenever i think you need one. Or seven.
I will check your tire pressure and remind you to take your car in.
I will hold your hand.
I will love you.
I will love you.
I will love you.
The Picture Above




(1037)
I’d tell you I’d miss you but I don’t know how.
I’ve never heard silence quiet this loud.
Taylor Swift




(1036)
Screws fall out all the time.
The world is an imperfect place.
The Breakfast Club




(1035)
It takes courage to love.
Eleanor Roosevelt




(1034)
They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything.
They fought all the time and challenged each other ever day.
But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common.
They were crazy about each other.
Nicholas Sparks




(1033)
That’s the really annoying thing about love.
I probably would be happier if I didn’t know it, but once you do know it,
once you feel those things for someone, you can’t make yourself really wish it away.
It’s like wishing away… your soul.
Toni Blake




(1032)
And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday.
And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do.
And they will all kiss someone someday.
But for now, sledding is enough.
I think it would be great if sledding were always enough,
but it isn’t.
Stephen Chbosky




(1031)
I’m so tired of being here. I’m suppressed by all my childish fears.
And if you have to leave, I wish that you would just leave
cause your presence still lingers here and it won’t leave me alone.
Evanescence




(1030)
No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin,
or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate,
and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love,
for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
Nelson Mandela




(1029)
Sometimes I think the human heart is just a simple shelf.
There’s only so much you can pile onto it before something falls off an edge
and you are left to pick up the pieces.
Jodi Picoult




(1028)
I have never met anyone who actually thought I was enough…
Until I met you.
Love and Other Drugs




(1027)
She carries memories around like souvenirs down in her pockets.
She should have let some go by now but can't seem to drop it.
The Eli Young Band




(1026)
There are worse things than being alone, but it often takes decades
to realize this and most often when you do it’s too late,
and there is nothing worse than too late.
Charles Bukowski




(1025)
Maybe there’s something you’re afraid to say,
or someone you’re afraid to love, or somewhere you’re afraid to go.
It’s gonna hurt. It’s gonna hurt because it matters.
John Green




(1024)
That’s what real love amounts to - letting a person be what he really is.
Most people love you for who you pretend to be.
To keep their love, you keep pretending - performing.
Jim Morrison




(1023)
Do you love me? Do you wanna be my friend?
And if you do, well then don’t be afraid to take me by the hand if you want to.
I think this is how love goes…
George Straight




(1022)
I told him that I loved him and that I’d always love him
and I felt like a child who throws a centavo into a fountain
and then she has to tell someone her most extraordinary wish
even though she knows that the wish should be kept secret and that,
in telling it, she is quite probably losing it.
He replied that I was not to worry, that the penny
could come out of the fountain again and again and again.
Colum McCann




(1021)
It’s easy to look at people and make quick judgments about them,
their present and their past, but you’d be amazed
at the pain and tears a single smile hides. What a person shows to the world
is only one tiny facet of the iceberg hidden from sight. And more often then not,
it’s lined with cracks and scars that go all the way to the foundation of their soul.
Sherrilyn Kenyon

No comments:

Post a Comment